Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
About MNSSBY Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
Bihar government is in news for coming up with an ingenious scheme to get more students to enrol for graduate or equivalent level courses across the state. To do this, the Nitish Kumar-led administration has come up with a novel Student Credit Card scheme, which will help students receive the much needed education.
The Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana is a loan scheme that was introduced in 2016 with the main aim of helping students pay their college fees. Students who have completed 12th standard, can avail a loan of up to Rs.4 lakh at affordable interest rates. Students can opt for the loan to finance courses such as B.Tech, M.B.B.S., B.Sc., and B.A.
Eligiblity for BSCCS
- You must be a Bihar resident.
- You should be at least 25 years old.
- You must have passed 12th standard.
- You must seek a course at an authorised institute.
- The course must be completed in its entirety.
Benefits of the MNSSBY Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana
- The maximum amount of loan that can be availed is Rs.4 lakh.
- You can avail the loan for technical, polytechnic, and general courses.
- If you want to buy laptops, books, or pay the fees, monetary assistance can be taken.
- You will have to start repaying the loan only once the course has been completed and you have secured a job.
- In the case of divyang, transgender, and girl students, the rate of interest may be as low as 1%.
- The recovery procedures are not very strict since the loan is government-owned. In certain cases, the balance may be waived off by the government.
- Identity proof of the co-applicant and applicant.
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) card of the co-applicant and the applicant.
- Form 16 and income certificate of the family.
- 10th and 12th standard marks cards of the applicant.
- Admission proof that has been given by the higher education institute.
- Residence certificate of the applicant.
Process To Apply for Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
Step-by-step procedure to apply for the MNSSBY Student Credit Card online is mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of MNSSBY (https://www.7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in/).
- On the main page, you will find the ‘New Applicant Registration’ option, click on it.
- Next, you must enter your first name, middle name, last name, email ID, Aadhaar number, and mobile number.
- Click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Enter the OTP that you have received on your email ID and mobile number. Click on ‘Submit’
- The registration process is complete once the above step has been completed. You will receive the login details via email and SMS.
- Go to the official website of MNSSBY.
- Enter the username, password, and captcha details. Click on ‘Login’.
- You will need to change the password and complete the login process again with the new password.
- On the next page, your personal details must be entered.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
- Under the ‘Select Scheme’ menu, choose the ‘Bihar Student Credit Card’ option.
- The applicant’s and the co-applicant’s personal details must be entered next.
- Once the financial and general details have been entered, click on ‘Submit’.
- You will receive an acknowledgement via email, make a note of the same.
Uses of BSCCS
- Fee payable to college/ school/ hostel
- Examination/ Library/ Laboratory fee
- Insurance premium for the student borrower
- Caution deposit, building fund / refundable deposit supported by Institution bills/receipts.
- Purchase of books/ equipment / instruments / uniforms
- Purchase of computer at a reasonable cost, if required for completion of the course
- Any other expense required to complete the course – like study tours, project work, thesis, etc.
Bihar Student Credit Card Helpline Number
Call – 1800 3456 444
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org